Saturday, August 26, 2017

Today's ABC Open photos

Manning Falls
By jesbarbz ·  · From Pic of the Week
Won't have the place to ourselves again for a fair few busy months.                          Published 05 May 2017.  Gibb WA 6743




Ebor Falls
Ebor Falls, now one of my favourite sights on the north coast of NSW.
On the trip I wanted to get a shot of a dead tree with the Milky Way rising over but after a day of driving I was unable to find one.  I then started looking for waterfalls that faced east, as that's the direction the Milky Way rises in.   Dangar Falls failed to tick all boxes so my next spot was Ebor falls.   I found a super sketchy path that led down the side of the cliff to get to this spot.   I went down at sunset and photographed the foreground at 6pm (50 minutes after sunset) so that it wouldn't be very noisy. 
I then left my camera and tripod set up while I napped next to it for 5.5 hours until the Milky Way was in the right position.  I then blended the two exposures later in Photoshop and it resulted in this.     Published 08 May 2017.  Ebor NSW 2453



High country heaven
By merrijignic ·  · From Pic of the Week
High country heaven.     Published 08 May 2017.  Mount Buller VIC 3723





Reflections on the Buffalo River
By gerri54_photography ·  · From Pic of the Week
Yay... it's my birthday weekend. party time.    Reflections on the Buffalo River, Myrtleford, Victoria, yesterday evening   Published 08 May 2017.  Myrtleford VIC 3737




Misty mood at the entrance to Cataract Gorge
Misty mood at the entrance to Cataract Gorge  Published 08 May 2017.  Launceston TAS 7250




Flinders Ranges you are wonderful
By missybaxta ·  · From Pic of the Week
Flinders Ranges you are wonderful    Published 09 May 2017.  Flinders Ranges SA 5434

No comments:

Post a Comment