Sunday, February 18, 2018

Today's ABC Open photos

Dolphins playing in the waves

By trace2674 ·  · From Pic of the Week
Published 24 Mar 2017.  Newcastle NSW 2300



A Red Boobook

By ddubtoille ·  · From Pic of the Week
A Red Boobook (Ninox boobook lurida) from Lake Eacham over the weekend, I saw this guy fly down from a tree and grab a small mammal and take off and was a bit annoyed I missed out on a photo so kept on herping and came back at the end of the walk and he was back in the tree so luckily got this photo of his grumpy face.      Published 22 Jun 2017.  Crater Lakes National Park QLD 4884






Taken with my iPhone
By ddubtoille ·  · From Pic of the Week
I saw this Keelback in the Ross River last night eating a Cane Toad.  Keelbacks are the only snake in Australia that have a slight immunity to.   The introduced Cane Toad is poisonous, so Keelbacks are able to ingest them with minimal effects.    Published 13 Jun 2017.  Ross River QLD 4816



Winter colour
By madjacktaylor ·  · From Pic of the Week
Published 26 Jun 2017.  Bundall QLD 4217




Sparkler World Record attempt
By Jodie Nash ·  · From Pic of the Week
Tonight we were aiming for a world record for the number of sparklers going at the same time. I know that we made an Australian record. And for the world record? We certainty gave it our best try. l did hear that it was the highest attendance for Mudgeeraba Show which was a fantastic effort since only a few months ago it was flooded after the effects of Cyclone Debbie.   Published 26 Jun 2017.  Mudgeeraba QLD 4213



Bill and his dogs
By Jodie Nash ·  · From Pic of the Week
I'd been in Grafton for the weekend for a photography convention so of course I was going to try take as many photos as I could. This morning it was misty again so I went out seeing cows, goats, birds and even got to ride the ferry.  On my back way to Grafton I went down a dirt road and that's when I met Bill. He came along with his three dogs (the one hiding at the back is retired). We had a good yarn and I asked if I could take his photo. I'm sure this wasn't what he'd planned for his morning but he happily obliged.         Published 22 May 2017. Grafton NSW 2460

No comments:

Post a Comment